restrict port 443 access

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by davidb4350, Feb 5, 2020.

1. davidb4350

davidb4350 Bit poster

I have configured an Azure VM using the Parallels RAS image. Azure advisor now recommends I restrict the inbound port 443 rule to limit access (this will enhance security). Is there a way to limit the inbound access to parallel clients only? I do not see that I can set rules based on IP addresses as users may be accessing their apps from dynamic IP addresses.
    Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

2. Hi, actually it's not possible to provide only Parallels Client users with access to the server.
    But you can add the additional gateway to the RAS farm and allow the RDP access (through the Windows firewall settings) to the terminal server only from this gateway.
    Or you can turn off the access to the gateway via the SSL (then the 443 port will not be used).
    In general, in the RAS settings we have an option that restricts access from different types of Parallels clients, but this will not limit server availability from the network.
    Let us know if you have any additional questions to us.