Full screen no longer fills entire screen with Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, May 23, 2016.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi PatrickP3, please follow the instructions mentioned below to fix the issue:
    1. Start Parallels Desktop.
    2. Go to your virtual machine's Configuration > Options tab > Full Screen.
    3. From the Scale to fit screen drop-down list choose Keep ratio:
    4. Start your virtual machine in Full Screen mode.
    5. Go to Start > Control Panel > Display > Change display settings or just right-click on Windows Desktop and choose Screen Resolution:
    6. Set the screen resolution to the preferred values.
    7. Restart Windows. Screen resolution in Windows will remain according to settings you made.
    Note: since Windows and Mac screen resolutions do not match any more, you may see black bars on top-bottom or left-right sides of Windows screen:
    In order to avoid that, you may want to force Windows screen to get stretched to fill all Mac screen:
    Go to your virtual machine's Configuration > Full Screen
    From the Scale to fit screen drop-down list, choose Stretch
    Note: in this case your custom screen resolution will be kept, however, all objects and fonts in Windows will be stretched.

BobbyT1 likes this.
  3. BrianD13

BrianD13 Bit poster

I have done the above and can't change the resolution. It's locked out on the VM. Note, the VM starts up with the correct resolution but once I login, it shrinks down on the sides.

4. @BrianD13, could you please reinstall Parallels Tools and try the same. (You can also check this KB article for more info)

5. AmandaS4

AmandaS4 Bit poster

i have the same issue on my screen now that i upgraded to windows 10 pro

6. Please try the suggestions above and let us know if the issue still persists.

7. MelanieM3

MelanieM3 Bit poster

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi MelanieM3,

If you have any questions you can share it with us here.

9. violar1

violar1 Bit poster

Hi, thank you so much for your post, he helped me a lot with my problem, I couldn't cannot fail to mention tell you thank you!:):):)

10. PaulP19

PaulP19 Bit poster

My windows on my Mac has shrunk down to a small box. I have tried all the steps and the problem persists.

Rafal3 likes this.
  11. Hi, could you please provide us with a bit more details about the issue? When does the issue appear at first time?

12. BobbyT1

BobbyT1 Bit poster

Thanks to this helpful advice I was able to learn why black boarders showed on the top and bottom of my Parallel Windows display, as stated by Paul "since Windows and Mac screen resolutions do not match any more..."

13. LindseyN

LindseyN Bit poster

I am having this same issue, but it is not letting me select the screen resolution. Even when I go through it on the mac side then back into the windows side, it is fixed and will not let me change. Is there any workaround to this?