upgrade to version 15

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by FrankP15, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TomasS6

TomasS6 Bit poster

Hi!
    so I bought upgrade Parallels for home and unfortunately upgrade is not working with old key from old business. After use the new key and previous key parallels says:

The license server did not accept the previous activation key.
    Check that you entered the key correctly. Your activation keys are stored in your Parallels account. If you do not want to bother with different activation keys and upgrade procedures in the future, we recommend that you purchase a Parallels Desktop subscription.

so... where is a problem, I am doing something wrong?
    Thanks for reply.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

It is not possible to upgrade from a business license, you can only upgrade from any personal key. If you do not have a previous personal key, you can get a refund and purchase a full personal key.

3. TomasS6

TomasS6 Bit poster

Thank you for answer. hm, but Maria wrote something else. Doesn't matter, I ll do it like you write, how do I get a refund? After that I ll buy a new licence.

Thank you again!

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have processed the refund for your upgrade purchase. You can purchase a full license and use it.

5. MJHamilton

MJHamilton Junior Member

Wanted to reopen an old thread rather than start a new one

I have a parallels 12 license and am about to upgrade my 2013 MacBook Air to a new MacBook Pro M1
    1. Can I move my exiting Parallel install to this new device and retire from the old?
    2. Can I purchase the upgrade pack to get to P16?
    3. Does the software work natively on the M1 chipset or will it use Rosetta?

6. MJHamilton

MJHamilton Junior Member

One extra questions -- the origin Mac got formatted after a crash so I didn't deactivate the original install -- will this be an issue?

7. oztrev

oztrev Member

> 3. Does the software work natively on the M1 chipset or will it use Rosetta?

It doesn't work on M1 Macs period!

8. MJHamilton

MJHamilton Junior Member

Not even on Rosetta??

9. oztrev

oztrev Member

Nope.