Help moving windows to bootcamp

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by farinc, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. farinc

farinc Bit poster

I want to keep Windows 10 install exactly as it is on my parallels, with programs and data etc, but I want to move windows to bootcamp instead of continuing to use Parallels. So I'd like to know the steps for doing this. Why am I doing this? Because my Mac mini is approaching 10 years and parallels (I have the most recent version and am running it on my Mojave os. Parallels/windows runs so slowly that I can click something and it takes forever to respond, ie 5-10 minutes. It's has simply become unusable. Just to load windows can take 30 minutes. A person at the MS store said it can be done but that I'd need to return to the store when a specific genius would be there. I've yet to return. Apple said the given the age of my Mac mini and the problems I'm having that I could enhance using windows by changing to bootcamp since it uses the full power of the Mac OS. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

@farinc Hi, it is not possible to migrate the Windows virtual machine to BootCamp partition. The possible way to move all the files and folder on Windows virtual machine to BootCamp partition, copy the data to the external hard disk and install new Windows on BootCamp partition and move over the data.

3. farinc

farinc Bit poster

Thanks. What the easiest way to move or back up all of my data to an external drive?

4. Hi. You need to copy the required data manually from the Windows virtual machine and paste in on the external hard drive.

5. farinc

farinc Bit poster

So I can't do a standard backup of my windows 10 in parallels and then restore that backup to the new windows 10 that I would install in Bootcamp?