Windows Virtual Desktops as Spaces

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PeterB11, Mar 21, 2019.

1. PeterB11

PeterB11 Bit poster

Hi,

I run a a single (27") monitor and use Spaces, as I find this much better than multiple monitors, which I have used in the past.
    Windows 10 also supports a virtual multiple-desktop environment, although it doesn't feel quite as seamless as the mac.
    I would like to know if there is a mechanism in parallels, which allows the individual Windows virtual desktops to be treated as spaces, so I can just swipe between them, the same way I can swipe between mac spaces.

At present to use Windows virtual desktops, I would need to swipe to the Windows space, and then alt-tab to the desktop I want (which is quite cumbersome, and you can forget that the desktops are there).

Thanks,

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  2. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Peter,
    Currently, there's no such functionality in Parallels Desktop, but we've submitted a feature request to our development team and if it's technically possible, it might be implemented into one of the next program versions. Thanks for your concern!

3. PeterB11

PeterB11 Bit poster

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for you quick response.
    Regards

4. BenjaminClaude

BenjaminClaude Bit poster

Up. I could really use that feature too. Could you please link to the related Feature Suggestions item for upvote, I was not able to find it. Thanks

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  5. yayr

yayr Bit poster

+1
    This would really be a great productivity and ergonomics boost!

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  6. Hi you can add any feature suggestion here
    and please let us know if it's not that case.

7. It will be great if you will share more detailed description of this feature request.
    Thanks in advance.

8. JackM11

JackM11 Bit poster

+1 on this request

9. BenF6

BenF6 Bit poster

+1

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  10. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter