Student discount for Pro Edition should be offered for computer science and related fields

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JustinFranks, Sep 13, 2019.

1. JustinFranks

JustinFranks Bit poster

Hello,

I have a B.S. in Computer Science, and am currently enrolled at the University of London Royal Holloway's MSc in Information Security graduate program. I saw the 50% student discount described on the Parallels site, but was dismayed to discover that it only applies to the base version, not the Pro version.

Due to the extremely limited options for CPU cores and memory, the standard version is unsuitable for my studies. For example, one of my courses this semester is regarding cryptography, and a VM with only 4 threads and 8 GB of RAM simply won't cut it.

Please reconsider this policy, if not for everyone, at least for students studying computer science and related fields. We need the extra resources that were removed in recent versions of the standard edition for our studies.

Thank you.

2. Dear @JustinFranks thank you for sharing your feedback.
    We will discuss it with the Marketing team and get back to you here and also share any updates at our official website.

3. ParallelsU400

ParallelsU400 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels has this been re-considered? I am in the same boat as the previous poster and would definitely appreciate any student discount that could be offered on the pro version.

4. Thank you for sharing your feedback.
    At that moment we're still provide Student discount for the Standard version only. Sorry for the any inconvenience.

5. ParallelsU400

ParallelsU400 Bit poster

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

6. Please check your inbox