"Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer".

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by merrilea, Jan 31, 2015.

1. merrilea

merrilea Bit poster

After the last Parallels Desktop for mac update Windows 8.1 when rebooted gets stuck at "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer".
    Any help appreciated...
    Thanks

2. Nikhil@Parallels

Nikhil@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Merrilea,

Please Reset the virtual machine as suggested below to fix the issue.

1. Start Windows.
    2. Click on Actions on top Mac menu bar > Reset.
    3. Quit and start Parallels Desktop.

Let us know how it goes.

3. lorein

lorein Member

4. AbiW

AbiW Bit poster

Hi,

I am very new to this, I have been trying to get an agent from Parallel but there was no way to get in contact to anyone directly and it is getting very very frustrating. I have just bought an upgrade to parallel desktop 15 and, this parallel on mac has the windows 7 and I have been wanting to upgrade it to windows 10, I followed instructions I saw online BUT Nothing, it's getting me nowhere, IF SOMEONE Could please call me and assist me in getting this upgraded to windows 10 PLEASE! I paid extra to get assistance but this way is just so hard and disappointing!

PLEASE HELP! Thank you,

5. pmconaway

pmconaway Member

AbiW - Is Windows 7 running okay on Parallels desktop 15? Also do you have the most recent version of Parallels Desktop 15? With Parallels Desktop 15 running you can select "Check for Updates" menu item under the Parallels Desktop menu. I think I started with Windows 8 and didn't have any issues updating to Windows 10 when it first came out. Good luck.

Paul

6. AbiW

AbiW Bit poster

HI PAUL,

Good morning can you tell me or show me how I can update to windows 10? do I have to buy it? I just followed your instructions and it says that I have the most current version. When I did the "action" and then update to windows 10, after checking or downloading it asked me for a KEY ****** which I do not have, that is why I am thinking that maybe I would need to buy windows 10 :(

Please help!

Thank you so much!

7. pmconaway

pmconaway Member

A definite maybe. I've been watching a bunch of YouTube videos about building PCs and a couple of them talked about a Product Key. Do you have a product key saved somewhere? It looks like xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. I've saved mine from when I first installed Windows. There is a way to find the product key stored in the registry. The link is the result of the google search I can't speak for the website. (https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-your-windows-7-product-key-2625112)