Windows Hello camera with Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AlexA2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

1. Can it replce the iSight camera that it would be covering up? Is there some macOS setting that can have a Windows Hello camera be used for FaceTime instead of the built-in one?
    2. Will the Windows Hello camera work inside Windows 10 guest VM to face unlock?

2. PeterB25

PeterB25 Bit poster

anyone any news on this?

3. MichaelB22

MichaelB22 Bit poster

I would be interested in any news on this. I have a Logitech BRIO camera and it is picked up by Windows 10 in the VM and the camera app works however if I try to use the Logitech app or setup Windows Hello the camera cannot be found. Thoughts?

4. BrandonR2

BrandonR2 Bit poster

Likewise I have the Logitech BRIO webcam and I'm trying to use it within Windows 10. The camera continuously connects and disconnects and can't for the life of me figure out how to keep it connected to windows. Any help would be appreciated. I want it to be connected directly to windows so that I can use chromacam and windows hello....that is the goal...not to share a camera with windows from the Mac.

5. Paul.Rogers

Paul.Rogers Bit poster

I would be very interested in hearing an update on how Parallels are looking to enable the Windows Hello feature.

6. Hello, we are working on this request with the Parallels Engineering Team.
    Unfortunately we have no ETA until new feature or any fix will be implemented.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you have Parallels Desktop Pro or Business Edition then enable vTPM and check if you can use Windows 10 Hello.

8. KevinD6

KevinD6 Bit poster

I have been using VMWare Fusion for many years now, and they also have the same issue, but no information on if they plan to address it or not. I'm using my MacMini in BootCamp with a Logitech Brio camera, and Windows Hello works great. I'm thinking of changing from VMWare to Parallels as it seems you may have a solution for this, plus we also resell and support Parallels RAS, so keeping everything with Parallels makes sense. However, I am concerned by the warning in the vTPM document you link to, which says that making this change may cause my BootCamp install to break and unable to boot. The BootCamp partition is where all my work software is, so can't afford that risk! Do you have any internal lab test results of making Windows Hello work with Parallels?