Latest Windows Insider 19H1 build, new Windows Sandbox feature not working.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AshrafT, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AshrafT

AshrafT Bit poster

Hi

Not sure if this a Parallels or Microsoft issue. In the latest Windows Insider build 18305 there is a new feature called 'Windows Sandbox' which need to be enabled using the 'Turn windows features on and off' option.

When trying to enabling it I get the attached error.
    How-come my Windows VM can use the Hyper-V feature that uses the CPU virtualisation and this feature is not working.

Any info would be helpful to understand.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. CarlosR10

CarlosR10 Bit poster

Seems like Sandbox is incompatible with Parallels due to presence of hypervisor, Windows Sandbox itself is a virtual machine, I suppose cannot run inside another virtual machine like Parallels.

My question to Parallels's team is if can be a way of run Windows Sandbox or your software offers an alternative to Windows Sandbox (that is, a lightweight virtual machine, with no installation, and takes the same version of running Windows)

3. CarlosR10

CarlosR10 Bit poster

PS:
    systeminfo.exe display me:
    Hyper-V Requirements: A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you have Parallels Desktop Pro or Business, you will have a nested virtualization option if it is enabled you can use VM's inside Parallels Desktop VM's.

CarlosR10 likes this.
  5. CarlosR10

CarlosR10 Bit poster

Thanks very much. Yes, I have Pro. I will try this option to test Windows Sandbox. Warm regards!

Maria@Parallels likes this.