Multitouch Gestures, Pinch to zoom, Three-Finger Swipe Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Supacon, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Supacon

Supacon Bit poster

I just bought Parallels Desktop 7 and tried it out on Windows 8 Developer Preview. It worked really well, and I was impressed that it even supported three-finger swipes to move forward and backwards between pages in some browsers and applications. Pinch to zoom also worked in many applications.

I later installed a Windows 7 Virtual Machine, and for some reason even though I seem to have the relevant configuration set for it, the multitouch gestures are not working at all in this VM. I've dug through all the settings and can't find the reason for this. (I've attached a screenshot of the advanced VM configuration page.)

Anyone out there know what the issue might be here? I really miss these gestures not working, since I use a Magic Trackpad.

Attached Files:

2. StevenMacDonald

StevenMacDonald Junior Member

Trackpad drivers are installable in Parallels

I did learn from Parallels support that the Apple bootcamp trackpad drivers can be installed in a Windows 7 VM so hopefully they will work in Windows 8 as well.

3. Supacon

Supacon Bit poster

Thanks Steven, but that's not all too relevant.

I did, however, encounter a solution accidentally while trying to fix a problem with the clipboard sharing between MacOS and Windows -- I simply uninstalled the Parallels tools via Windows' Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs) and then reinstalled it. Everything is working great now!

Only problem I have is that the three-finger swipe doesn't work in Opera, my favorite browser. I wonder if there is a way to make that happen. (Oddly, Pinch zoom works in Opera, but not forward/back with three finger swipe).

4. JonathanL9

JonathanL9 Bit poster

Supacon, Thanks for this. Pinch Zoom had stopped working in my favorite LaTeX editor, and I couldn't figure out how to make it work again, rendering it useless as it was stuck in a zoomed-out state. Reinstalling Parellels Tools did the trick!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Thank you for sharing your results and updates.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.