What can I do when Windows file system check already lasts over 24 hours?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristophK2, Jul 26, 2020.

1. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Since yesterday Parallels impedes me from working with my system (MacBook Pro).
    It is still filesystem checking my WIndows 10 VM. I don't have any Action option rather than "checked Start".

Can I expect that the WIndows fsk finishes in another night and day?

I'm not sure whether Parallels will be my next VM container of choice.
    It impedes my work. Who wants this?

2. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

After more hours of waiting with the Windows fullscreen view on I came back to the system. The screen was black (or dark grey). I moved the mouse and suddenly got the apple and the system rebooted.

After reboot the system was responsive again. Clicked on the Parallels icon in the dock. It got a short "grunt" and then it started jumping up and down. It took quite long - two minutes or so - until Parallels came up with the banner logo saying "Starten...". But nothing happens.

I'm at the point again before yesterday, when I posted that P didn't start.

Very weird all that.

It's Catalina 10.15.6 meanwhile.

3. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

I tried to look for a "Reset" Action, but despite of a checked Start entry all actions were greyed out.

4. Hello, could you provide us with the screenshot of the greyed out menu please?

5. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Sorry,
    I cannot supply a screenshot

1) because the case is rare.
    2) the system is so slow in this situation that it is near to impossible to take a screenshot.

Should it occur once again I'll try, of course.

But doesn't suffice the verbal description "in the action drop down menu the only item that is checked and white is the START menu item (the top most one), all other entries are greyed out"?

The rest of the screen was either showing the idler wheel or got totally grey-black.