VM wasn't resuming... almost an eternal wait

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dkwehe, Sep 26, 2007.

1. brkirch

brkirch Pro

The latest public beta appears to fix this issue, so if you absolutely need this particular problem fixed you may want to try it. Keep in mind though that it is a beta release, and as such may introduce other bugs.

2. aleese

aleese Bit poster

that version panic's my mac - cant start it at all.

So i guess I'll have to wait

(no info on the refund or how long Ill have to wait - anyone from support care to comment?)

3. Platinum Samples

Platinum Samples Member

I had the same thing... this was only with my Boot Camp VM. I figured it may have something to do with the Boot Camp beta drivers expiring.. so I bought Leopard and didn't install the new OS X update.. but did use it to update the Boot Camp drivers in Windows (I booted into Boot Camp to do this). I then started the VM in Parallels which took a long time but started, uninstalled Parallel Tools, restarted the VM and reinstalled the Parallel Tools. It now seems fine again.

Good luck.

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

aleese, the new version is coming soon. However I can't let you know the exact date, please sorry. You can downgrade to get rid of the problem now.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. Leauki

Leauki Hunter

I don't understand. I thought Boot Camp VMs cannot be frozen to disk. So how did the same thing manifest?