MacOS 11 beta for Beta five installing parallels toolbox and incorrect screen resolutions

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Leiths, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Leiths

Leiths Bit poster

Going through the process of testing parallels 16 as well as apples new macOS 11 in their public beta version four in version five. I ran into a situation where I am unable to utilize parallels toolbox after installation to modify the resolution of the virtual environment environment. Is this a known issue? Or is this something that can be resolved I know in the past that there was some workarounds many years ago when these resolution issues would appear but I am running this on more than capable iMac with plenty of RAM plenty of hard drive space but it's not letting me go out of the native 1024 768 resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated I'd love to take full advantage of the new version of parallels in big sir thank you

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

Some questions:
    1) What kind of virtual environment do you use? Is in macOS inside Parallels Desktop 16 or Windows?
    2) Which version of Parallels Toolbox is installed inside your virtual environment?
    3) What happened when you launch 'Switch Resolution' tool?

3. Leiths

Leiths Bit poster

Mac running version parallels 16 with Mac OS VM 100 GB disk space . 8 GIG ram
    VM Mem 512 .
    The parallels Tools version is what is provided va the interface . no version number given that I can see.
    I try to use the settings tab to switch resolutions as shown nothing happens I get stuck in a 1024 760

4. Leiths

Leiths Bit poster

What ever I do the VM screen res dose not change ?

5. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Looks like you've messed Parallels Tools (that is a part of Parallels Desktop product) with Parallels Toolbox product. I will ask support team to move thread to appropriate forum and ask Parallels Desktop team to help you.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  6. Nentecular

Nentecular Member