"Unable to load Parallels drivers" on macOS Big Sur Beta

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnW54, Sep 19, 2020.

1. JohnW54

JohnW54 Bit poster

When I try to launch Windows 10 using Parallels 16.0.1, I get an error message advising "Unable to load the Parallels driver." I am running the Mac on the Big Sur Public Beta OS.

The solution suggested by Parallels involves going into System Preferences/Security & Privacy, but Security & Privacy is inaccessible; I get a "Preferences Error" and a message advising "There was an error in Security & Privacy preferences." I have searched Mac forums and found others experiencing the same issue. I also understand that some users find this problem goes away when Parallels is uninstalled.

TedC2 likes this.
  2. Hello, it looks like a known issue and Parallels Engineering Team are currently working on the resolution.
    Also could you collect the tech report for the further issue investigation please and post the report's ID here?

3. JohnW54

JohnW54 Bit poster

Done. See attached confirmation.

Attached Files:

4. JamesL4

JamesL4 Bit poster

Same issue, hopefully there is a fix. At least there's RDP.

5. JohnW54

JohnW54 Bit poster

GREAT NEWS: This issue appears to have been fixed in the newly released Big Sur Version 11.0 Beta.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

Please follow the steps in the article to resolve the issue.

7. Napoleond

Napoleond Bit poster

I have upgraded to Big sur 11.4 and reinstalling Parallels desktop to 16.5, I couldn't download Windows 10 back. A technician tried to help me but he couldn't find the fault and still the message shows up: 'unable to load Parallels driver'. Any other solutions that I can get will be highly appreciated.

8. ALEXANDRER7

ALEXANDRER7 Bit poster

After updating from 16.5.0 to 16.5.1 Parallels does not start the VM giving back the error "Unable to load the Parallels driver." I am running on a macOS HighSierra 10.13.6. Tried restarting MAC and reinstalling Parallels 16.5.1, no success.

9. Hi, could you collect the tech report and share it's ID here please?

10. winjames

winjames Bit poster

Unable to load Parallels driver. Please review technical report ##408167775 - further see attached
    Also, please note helpless desk ticket # 3690264

Attached Files: