Windows cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by 4everJang, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Sace

Sace Bit poster

Yes, it is Win10 1809. It was installed on Feb 26, 2019, and I have never upgraded it since installed.

2. PhilipW6

PhilipW6 Bit poster

Exactly the same issue here. Works for about 30 seconds then disappears. Sometimes connection comes back for bit - mostly not.
    Tried changing adapter etc..

Catalina 10.15.5
    Windows 10 (the one that got installed on new parallels installation).

3. tom30

tom30 Bit poster

I am also getting this issue. Brand new MacBook Pro with fresh software.

4. Hello guys, did you change your network type to Bridge and check? Also did you use WiFi with this specific router ?

5. PhilipW6

PhilipW6 Bit poster

Yeah - tried that. Weird thing is. I got it working on one MacBook with fresh install - but it won't do anything on the MacBook Air 2011.

Do you reckon this is anything to do with the Paid version of the software vs. the trial version?

6. Hi, did you try to reinstall Parallels Tools on the MacBook Air 2011 Parallels Desktop?

7. PhilipW6

PhilipW6 Bit poster

I did.

Tried reinstalling Windows - Tools. Switching between default, shared, bridged, wi-fi, different intel network card slots.. everything the forums said.

8. NathanR6

NathanR6 Bit poster

That's interesting. Mine was working fine until I entered a license key and now it has stopped working. None of these suggestions have resolved my issue unfortunately.

9. Did you perform some instructions above? Parallels Tools reinstallations /Network type changing?

10. Did you restart your VM and your Mac and then check again?

11. KeithL

KeithL Member

Same issue here. New MacBook 16", latest Parallels 15. Maybe 1 out of 5 times opening my Windows 10 VM I can get an internet connection.

VERY frustrating! Why has this not been addressed by Parallels yet?

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know when the issue started. Have you tried any steps to fix the issue?

13. MelvinL1

MelvinL1 Bit poster

I have the same issue. 16" MacBook Pro. Very annoying.

14. Hello? Did you try any steps from this KB article?

15. MelvinL1

MelvinL1 Bit poster

Yes. What happens is that it works and then it just stops working, or sometimes when I load the VM it doesn't work. I have to go to the network adapter, disable it, and then re-enable. Sometimes I have to do that a few times. Then it starts working.

It really is a pain. It used to work no problem. Now I have issues all the time. I also have a co-worker who has a brand new 2020 13", same exact issue. I tried all 3 network adapter types in the config, all the same issue.

16. MelvinL1

MelvinL1 Bit poster

Looks like latest Mac update and latest Parallels has fixed the issue for me.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  17. @MelvinL1 Are you referring to Parallels 16?

18. MelvinL1

MelvinL1 Bit poster

Parallels 16 did not seem to fix the issue. However Mac OS 10.5.6 with release notes about fixing some issues with VMs did.

hope that helps.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  19. AndrewW19

AndrewW19 Bit poster

Mac OS 10.5.6 did NOT fix this for me.
    Like others, I shared net work does not work. I can use the bridge network, but then I lose the company VPN.
    My issue *might* have started when I unsuccessfully tried to setup a bluetooth network connection for my iPad. I don't think I really changed anything in the end, but I never had this problem with the shared network before that.