In What Order Do I Do Several Updates?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelJ17, Sep 27, 2020.

1. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

We're upgrading from High Sierra to Catalina, and we have QB 2011, Parallels 13 and Windows 7 -- we want to update to Parallels 16, QB 2020 Pro and Windows 10. How do I update Parallels 13 since it won't run under High Sierra or will it? In what order do I do the updates - are there step-by-step instructions available for doing this? Thank you.

2. Hello, Parallels Desktop 16 works with High Sierra, please check this KB article for more information about Parallels Desktop and macOS compatibility.
    In my opinion, firstly you need to update your macOS, then Parallels Desktop, then Windows and after that QB.
    Also please make a backup copy before making any changes or updates.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

Thank you very much for answering my question. Even though Parallels 16 will work with High Sierra, we have other reasons for updating to Catalina (I know, we're gluttons for punishment).

Question: Parallels has a link to buy Windows 10...will Parallels Desktop 16 run Windows 10 HOME version? Thank you, Michael

4. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

I need one more piece of information...I'm getting ready to install Parallels 16, can I use Windows 10 HOME version with it? Much thanx. Michael

5. Hello, yes.
    Please check this KB article for more information about the supported Guest OS
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

6. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

Thank you very much. I'm installing today...and I'm planning to use Windows 10, Home edition, with Parallels.

Maria@Parallels likes this.