How to transfer license to another account?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jbaugh, Oct 6, 2020.

1. jbaugh

jbaugh Junior Member

I've tried to follow the instructions on the parallels support pages to transfer my Parallels license to another account. The links do not work. I have no way to transfer the license that I can discover. Any help would be appreciated.
    John

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know why you are trying to transfer the license. If you have access to the account, you could update the email address unless or until you created a new account with the other email address.

3. jbaugh

jbaugh Junior Member

I purchased a permanent license for my son to use on his personal Mac. We installed the Parallels app on his computer using the product key. But the app is registered to my own Parallels account. He now wishes to manage this app on his own personal Parallels account. But when he tries to register it on his account he gets a message stating that this license is already registered on another( my) account. Apparently there is no way a user can un- register a license so that it can be assigned to another account. It must be done by Parallels support. I was on the phone with support for nearly half an hour trying to accomplish this today. The agent seemed very uncertain about the process. Finally he said,"OK try it now." I asked him if he had un-registered the license. The way he responded,"Yes" wasn't very assuring. Especially when he then said,"If it doesn't work call us back. As far as I can tell the license has not been removed from my account.

4. Hello, could you please provide us with your email, license key and your son's email?
    Please reply us back via the private message.

5. PhuV

PhuV Bit poster

I also would like to transfer a Parallels Desktop for Mac license key to a different account. The license was purchased by my company and initially registered to my Parallels account. We now need the license to be transferred out of individual account into a central management account. What do I need to do/provide? Please help. Thanks.

6. Hello, we need a bit more information from you.
    1 Your Parallels Desktop license key
    2. Old email address
    3. New email address (where you would like to transfer your license)

7. Hello, we've received your reply and moved your key to dve***dos@reals*****resystems.com
    Please check.