Parallels 16: Mouse click "flips" the entire document in Bluebeam Revu

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JensK3, Aug 30, 2020.

1. JensK3

JensK3 Bit poster

I am using a software called "Bluebeam Revu" (PDF software for the construction industry) on Windows 10 and since upgrading to Parallels 16 every time I left-click on an object, the document view (ONLY the document, not the rest of the screen) flips around vertically until I start moving the mouse.

I have tried several version of Bluebeam and have twiddled with the mouse settings as well for the VM as in Windows, and have also switched between mouse and Magic Trackpad with no success in finding out where the issue lies.

Here's a video of the behaviour:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsjmv31bs9z21dn/mouse_behaviour.mov?dl=0

Any ideas?

2. Hello,
    Do you have any issues with another applications?
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced please and post the report's ID here.

3. JensK3

JensK3 Bit poster

Thanks for looking into this. No, all other applications work fine.
    I have also been in contact with the "Bluebeam Revu" support and it turns out this is a known error with certain graphic cards -- I have disabled the "hardware accelleration" in the softwares settings and now it works (slower but that's fine until they have a fix).

Not a Parallels problem. :eek:)

AtulB1 and Maria@Parallels like this.
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing your solution!

5. AtulB1

AtulB1 Bit poster

Hi, Would you be able to guide me. Where did you disable hardware accerlation. I have same issue.

6. AtulB1

AtulB1 Bit poster

Got it. In Bluebeam under preference/advanced 2 d rendering. Thanks

7. AndrewD15

AndrewD15 Bit poster

Had this same problem, thanks for the solution! Mine looked a little different, not sure which version you are on. Mine was under the same Advanced/2D menu, but under rendering engine, i changed from hardware to software and that seemed to do the trick.

Thank you so much, this was unbelievably frustrating!

8. JensK3

JensK3 Bit poster

I'm on Revu 20, other versions have the same settings but organised slightly differently, glad you found it and glad I could help.

9. JulesL

JulesL Bit poster

I too had this problem. Thank you very much jensK3 for finding the solution.

10. JulesL

JulesL Bit poster

Thank you AndrewD15. My settings were like yours - and your info helped a lot. All works now. Whew.

11. DanielV13

DanielV13 Bit poster

I'm not someone to join forums but this solution worked and I'm very grateful and so I joined this form to thank you AndrewD15 & JensK3 (and everyone else for drawing attention to this issue).

For others experiencing this issue, you can find the options here (CTRL+K for Preferences menu).

upload_2020-12-28_10-28-4.png

12. MichaelH64

MichaelH64 Bit poster

So... It can't really be "just a Bluebeam problem" because I'm getting the same behavior on Bluebeam 20 with Parallels 16, BUT the same machine rebooted into Bootcamp (WinOS native), same settings with hardware rendering and the problem completely disappears. Reboot to MacOS and fire up Parallels and the problem comes back. This is most definitely a compatibility issue just with the graphics card when rendering through Parallels, not Bluebeam across the board!

13. AdamG15

AdamG15 Bit poster

Thanks everyone ! without this fix, BB was going to give me a seizure !
    I was really disappointed when BB abandoned the IOS version. Has anyone found a suitable alternate on IOS (as opposed to running BB on Parallels)?

14. rioap

rioap Bit poster

hi there, I did try to follow this on my bluebeam and I found out that after I clicked OK, the Bluebeam just suddenly force closed with error code.. Is there something step missing to do?