Games stuttering in Parallels 16

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenB20, Oct 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. StephenB20

StephenB20 Bit poster

I am having a an issue with games stuttering in Parallels. I've been testing a lot with an older title - Skyrim - as I played this through an older version of Parallels on a previous (older) MacBook Pro with no problems at all, even on higher graphics settings. Now when I play it judders frequently and is pretty much unplayable. I am now using the latest version of Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB with 8GB RAM allocated to the VM, so I cannot understand why it doesn't perform as well as my old machine and old version of Parallels. I have Game mode enabled in the Parallels configuration. The game runs beautifully, even on high graphics settings, in Bootcamp. I submitted the technical data: 350970123.

2. Hello, please sorry for the delay in response. Could you please create a screenshot or short video of the issue?

3. StephenB20

StephenB20 Bit poster

4. Thank you for your reply.
    It looks like you played in origin Skyrim and now you've installed Skyrim Special Edition.
    Is it right?

5. StephenB20

StephenB20 Bit poster

No, I've only ever owned Special Edition.

6. Dear Stevie,
    Thank you for your reply and provided information.
    We've forwarded it to the Parallels Engineering Team for the testing and further issue investigation.

They are continually working on issue that are escalated from our Support Team; however do not share an ETA for fix until one is available.
    Thank you for your time and cooperation.