Black Friday Deal Upgrade Subscription Question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GrizzlyAdams, Nov 25, 2020.

1. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams Member

I have had a Parallels Desktop Pro for Mac annual subscription for several years now that next renews on May 21st, 2021.
    Currently, the Black Friday deal offers a 20% discount on the exact same plan but if I cancel my current subscription to take advantage of this discounted deal I would receive no reimbursement.

If I purchase the Parallels Desktop Pro Black Friday upgrade subscription now, would it be possible for me to wait to activate it until May 22nd, 2021 after my current subscription expires?
    If so, would I then receive a full year's subscription from that activation date?

2. Hello,
    please check this KB article for more information and let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams Member

Thank you for the information, Maria. The link doesn't answer my question though. I am not concerned with extending a subscription. I would be happy to just turn off automatic repayments on my current subscription and then activate a new one.

My unanswered question remains: Can a subscription I purchase now with the Black Friday deal be activated 6 months from now or is the only option to automatically for it to automatically activate from the purchase date?

I'd like to take advantage of the discount but I don't want to lose 6 months of subscription service I've already paid and have no way of being refunded for.

Thanks.

4. Thank you for your reply and sorry for the misunderstanding.
    You can purchase new subscription during the Black Friday offer but it will be activate automatically. And once you enter the key after 6 month - you will have only 6 month subscription.
    So, unfortunately it's not possible to prolong your current subscription and you will not be able to start your new license after 6 month without any loses.
    But we have different offers during the year, you can always purchase your update lately.