Parallels Desktop 3.0

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PaulTseng1, Nov 29, 2020.

1. PaulTseng1

PaulTseng1 Bit poster

I have this very early version and try to register it under my account. The serial number is not valid when I input it into license key. How can I register it? Also, can I use this version and buy an upgrade to 16?

2. Hello, Parallels Desktop 3.0 is a very old version.. Did you try to install and activate it on the newest macOS?
    Please check this KB article to get more information about macOS and Parallels Desktop compatibility
    And yes, you can purchase Parallels Desktop upgrade and activate it with new purchased key and any previous Parallels Desktop version key as a confirmation one.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. PaulTseng1

PaulTseng1 Bit poster

Just get a new Mac Big Sur to replace a very old mac. Tried to register license key by Parallels desktop 3.0 serial number but it shows wrong licese format. Do I have to install 3.0 into Big Sur Mac to update to 16? Can I just get an upgrade license to 16 from 3.0? thanks

4. Thank you for your reply.
    You can install newest version, Parallels Desktop 16 and activate it with new purchased key for 16 version and your previous Parallels Desktop key as a confirmation one.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  5. PaulTseng1

PaulTseng1 Bit poster

Thanks for your quick help.
    My 3.0 serial number format is xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (only 5 characters each group) and it won't let me active after upgrade key screen. As KB article KB115424,
    In Parallels Desktop 14 and below, the output will give you the serial line with numeric codes in the following format:

The more activation keys you used on the Mac, the more codes you will see in the Terminal.

xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

The more activation keys you used on the Mac, the more codes you will see in the Terminal.

[​IMG]
    Copy the contents of the serial line and send to Parallels Support.

It went to support home page after click above support link. How I can reach support team upload my serial number? tks

6. You can reach us here.
    Please reply us back with your license key via the private message.