Parallels 16 COM PORT problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Daniele22, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Daniele22

Daniele22 Junior Member

Hi everyone, i have parallels 16.1.2 on my macbook with Big Sure. i have a problem with USB PORT COM that are recognized by the operating system but are not mounted. anyone have a solution?

2. Hello,
    did you get any specific error message?

3. Daniele22

Daniele22 Junior Member

no, no Error... when i plug in my usb-rs232 parallels ask me if i would connect to WIN or MAC ... i choose windows but doesn't work and in devices manager in windows there isn't the com port

4. bahrif

bahrif Bit poster

my sound card and midi keyboard are showing but not working..

5. AbelR

AbelR Junior Member

Standard behavior of Parallels with Big Sur, the USB support has gone except for USB drives, you have some threads about that, no solution.

6. Hello guys, did you check the issue with the latest Parallels Desktop update?

7. OmegaZ

OmegaZ Bit poster

I'm also having issues using USB devices in Windows 10 for ARM using Parallels 16.5. Any word on if/when this will get resolved? My new M1 MacBook Air is USELESS if I can't use USB devices in a Windows VM.

8. TasagoreS

TasagoreS Bit poster

I was using Parallels since version 7 but version 16 has lot of problems specially with the USB ports, zero support, so don't waste your time and go to VMWare Fusion. It's slower but it works.

9. MiguelT5

MiguelT5 Bit poster