I chose "install later" and now I'm lost!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dERn, Feb 3, 2021.

1. dERn

dERn Bit poster

I'm not very good at these things. Parallels would not install the disk image of Mojave that I had, so I chose to "install later", when I guess I was supposed to install from backup partition and then install Mojave once that booted up.
    Now Parallels shows me a "MacOS" terminal screen and I don't know what to do! I tried uninstalling Parallels to start over, but it remembered I have this virtual machine in progress when I re-installed.
    Somebody please help me!

2. Hello, could you share a screenshots of the issue please?

3. dERn

dERn Bit poster

When I open the Parallels app, I get this and I don't know what I'm supposed to do next:
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.10.28 AM.png
    My goal is to run OSX Mojave so that I can use 32-bit apps. I have a Mojave installer dmg and a bootable external drive with Catalina. I don't know if Parallels would allow me to roll back or what my best course of action is from here...

Thanks in advance for your help!

4. KaiY3

KaiY3 Bit poster

Did you get a solution/response? I am trying to do something similar (Sierra for 32bit apps).

I am further than you (I was able to create a Sierra machine), but I cannot get Parallels to recognize external drive (for migration from Time Machine).