Share bluetooth devices with Linux not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JensE2, Oct 7, 2020.

1. JensE2

JensE2 Bit poster

Hi
    I have installed an Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS virtual machine using Parallels Desktop. I wish to use a wireless Bluetooth Xbox One controller within this Ubuntu VM. I have connected my Xbox One controller to my MacBook (which works), and enabled "Share Bluetooth devices with Linux" in the USB & Bluetooth configuration. However, I am not able to find and use this controller in the Ubuntu VM. When I open the Bluetooth settings in the Ubuntu VM, it says "Bluetooth turned off", even if I toggle the Bluetooth on.
    My objective here is to write robot software in ROS, and control the robots using an Xbox controller.
    Does anyone know what might be the solution here? I have spent a lot of time searching on the web, but nothing has worked.
    Thanks!

2. Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    Looking forward to your reply.

3. diegochav3z

diegochav3z Bit poster

I have the same issue and I tried all ubuntu versions and Debian

4. Hello, are you running the latest Parallels Desktop version?
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

5. diegochav3z

diegochav3z Bit poster

6. diegochav3z

diegochav3z Bit poster

Helo Maria were you able to figure out anything regarding this issue?

Parallels User likes this.
  7. DanielC41

DanielC41 Bit poster

Hello! Any progress or conclusion on this? Having similar issue using Debian as a VM. Bluetooth is turned off and turning it on is ignored. The .Share bluetooth peripherals with Linux is properly checked...
    Merci!
    Daniel.