Menus are transparent

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LuciaS, Feb 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. LuciaS

LuciaS Bit poster

Hi, I'm having an issue where any pop-up menu in parallels is transparent and non-interactable. For example, I opened a file with a different app, and a default application menu popped up to ask if I want to change the default app. The menu is transparent; I can't click close, yes, or "do not show me this again." I also can't click on anything beneath the menu (like, say, my Chrome tabs).

JaeW2 likes this.
  2. JaeW2

JaeW2 Bit poster

Same problem. I cannot click this pop-up and it never goes away. Worse yet, it blocks all applications beneath it. Please see the screenshot. Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.29.31 AM (2).jpg

3. Hello, does the issue reoccur only with the Media player?

4. JaeW2

JaeW2 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels Nope. It happens to virtually all pop-ups from Parallels (at least for those asking for changing the default application). Here is another one.

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 4.57.27 PM (2).jpg

5. Does the "do not show this again" option work?

6. JaeW2

JaeW2 Bit poster

7. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and reply us back with the report's ID number please?

8. AprilM

AprilM Bit poster

I'm so sorry, I'm trying to find out how to post a question. My VM stopped working. I'm trying to restore from a Time Machine back up. the shared pvm file size is 73 gb, but after processing this, Finder is asking me to approve 154 gbs to copy. Is the extra gb due to the parallels program? I have a snapshot in windows 10 as of yesterday, how can I find it when I can get the vm to work. Can I find it on the Time Machine backup somewhere?

9. myparallel

myparallel Bit poster

Sam eproblem here for years..
    Someone has found the solution?