Mouse frozen on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GordonG2, Aug 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GordonG2

GordonG2 Bit poster

Parallels has been working fine on my MacBook Pro with Windows 10, but now anytime I click anywhere in the Parallels window, the mouse disappears and I get a message at the top Window 10 bar that says " Ctrl+Alt to free cursor "
    I do that but it happens again immediately. I can do nothing in Windows.
    Any suggestions? I have the mouse setting as Don't optimize for games.
    MacBook Pro 13" TB
    OS X 10.12.3

Thanks.

gg

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GordonG2 Please open your virtual machine configuration and go to Hardware > Mouse > Select optimize for games or Auto-detect for games and reinstalled the Parallels Tools http://kb.parallels.com/112609 once and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish

3. GordonG2

GordonG2 Bit poster

I changed to auto-detect, and tried to reinstall Tools but it seems nothing happened. I can not use the Start menu to do it either of the manual scenario ways because the mouse locks up as described.

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GordonG2 Please shut down Windows (as opposed to simply suspending it), open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Hardware -> Mouse & Keyboard, select 'Don't optimize for games' for 'Mouse' and disable 'Mouse pointer sticks at window edges' and 'Smooth scrolling'. Then, select 'Boot Order' and type devices.usb.mouse=0 in the text field under 'Boot flags'. Finally, close the window and check for the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  5. GordonG2

GordonG2 Bit poster

That seemed to work. I will let you know if changes back. Thanks.

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GordonG2 You're Welcome! We are always here to help you. Thanks, Shathish

7. VanessaP

VanessaP Bit poster

Hello Shathish@Parallels ,
    i'm having the same problem, although I cannot shut down my Windows and therefore can't finish the last step under 'boot flag' -- every time i try and shut down via "actions" it just does nothing. I also have SAS running in background and can't quit that b/c mouse frozen.
    thank you,

V.

8. JasonF17

JasonF17 Junior Member

Looking to find an answer to similar issue (now M1 Mac) on parallels technical preview (tried the above but can not enter anything into boot order).
    Any suggestions

9. Visionatorsi

Visionatorsi Bit poster

Waiting to get some help. me either not responding I did a lot of processes but seems not working.

10. Hello, could you provide us with a bit more details please?

11. Hi, could you provide us with the tech report once the issue reproduced and also provide us with the screenshot of the issue please?

12. JasonF17

JasonF17 Junior Member

Issue resolved after upgrading(paying) for newest version of parallels (still not the solution)... Removed windows Vm and installed new again.... Now I am having the other issue I had before of not being able to have a TAP adapter... Which Parallels never solved even though I tried to ask for answers and I kept being told to check these forums... Now I have to try to solve the tap adapter issue again.