PTC Creo Display Style - Shading with reflections

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DanC14, Mar 26, 2021.

1. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Hi Anyone
    Know how to get better shading on "shading with reflections" i'm currently drawing blank.......image with shadow and ref but no tone on the model
    Is this a graphics card issue?

Running Parallels V15 on Catalina on a
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

upload_2021-3-26_17-17-3.png

2. Hello, could you check the same behavior with the latest Parallels Desktop version (trial period) please?
    If the issue still actual with Parallels Desktop 16 please collect the tech report and post the report's ID here.
    We are looking forward to your reply and will be glad to help.

3. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Hi Maria
    Tech report: 366159044

Parallels 16 and the issue is still there:
    upload_2021-4-7_17-9-22.png

4. LutherB

LutherB Member

I don't know if it will help, but I am a long time Creo user. I run a 2019 MacBook Pro, Parallels 16, the latest version of Windows 10, and Creo 7.0.2.0, and I don't have the issues you are showing. Without knowing what version of Creo and Windows you're on, it's hard to troubleshoot. I don't think it's the graphics card because Parallels doesn't have direct access to the card on Macs. It could very easily be a config.pro setting.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot for the provided information, what is your Creo version?
    And also are you able to check the same issue with the new released Parallels Desktop version 16.5 please?

6. Thanks a lot for the provided information, are you running the latest Parallels Desktop version?

7. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Hi Luther Thanks for the comment, i'm running Creo 4 on the latest version of windows 10, i will check my Config.pro settings and let you know.

8. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Creo 4.0 , Parallels Version 16.1.3 (49160)

9. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Do you have similar Open GL setting in your System information window?
    upload_2021-4-15_10-42-43.png

Attached Files:

10. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

HI
    Can you look at the post above, the OpenGL support seems to be an issue - OpenGl Material Shader is unsupported

11. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Hi Maria can you take a look at the unsupported Open GL onto post above?
    Thanks

12. LutherB

LutherB Member

In Parallels, I have the exact same info displayed with the exception of the line 'Open GL Version: 3.3 ATI-3.10-18', where I have Open GL Version: 3.3 ATI-4-2-15'.

13. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

You are on version 16 of Parallels the same as mine, maybe the Open GL is the PTC part not Parallels?

14. LutherB

LutherB Member

I don't think so. I do also have a different graphics card listed in the OpenGL Renderer as I am on a different machine. It's possible that the graphics card has a different driver in Parallels, but that's purely speculation. I looked at the platform support for Creo 4.0, and it says that the latest version of Windows 10 supported by Creo 4.0 is 1909. I'm not going to suggest that you upgrade to a more recent version of Creo just to fix this, but it's certainly a possibility that is related.