How can I activate Windows 10 for Arm that runs on my Mac M1 with Parallels 16?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by hln98, Apr 17, 2021.

1. hln98

hln98 Junior Member

Hello,
    I just installed Windows 10 Arm version Preview with the trial version of Parallels and Windows is asking me to activate. I looked every where on Google but have not seen any solutions or any meaningful answers. So here is the question, has anyone able to activate it successfully? If so please be specific of how instead of vague answers I've tired of seeing. I tried putting in my Windows 10 key but didn't work as expected. Anyone, please help.

2. hln98

hln98 Junior Member

Thank you for the details answer and it did help. I went to Settings>Update and security>Activation, run the troubleshooter and select „I recently changed hardware on this device." Then sign in with Microsoft, using my hotmail credentials which I used to sign in with existing vmware Fusion Windows 10 Pro already activated on another Mac, running Intel. Once logged in with Microsoft, I was given a choice to select Windows 10 running in VMware Fusion, I selected it and clicked on "Activate" button. It was a success. I hope this help someone else and thank you MichaelH63.

CharlesE3 and Nosix like this.
  3. ChrisS30

ChrisS30 Bit poster

I've recently upgraded to the M1 and Parallels 16. I'm getting the activation message as well, but under Activation I'm getting and error that "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device." Being that I can't get back to the old VM, how do I rectify this?

4. CharlesE3

CharlesE3 Bit poster

THIS REALLY WORK FOR ME ... THANKS FAM

5. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Please clarify - Are you saying that Windows 10 ARM release is running native under VMware Fusion or Parallels?

6. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

P.S. Is this a Windows Insider version of ARM for Windows 10 or something else?

7. AhmedA24

AhmedA24 Bit poster

Hello all,
    I am new to the Macbook M1/Parallels to WIN 11 Insider ARM experience and running the latest ARM release on my Parallels Desktop 17. Of course, the WIN 11 is not activated since it is an Insider version. I have seen here in the thread that if you purchase a WIN 10 Pro product key it will work on Parallels? Is that for certain? And if so how would I obtain a VHDX version of Windows 10 Pro. Seems like the Microsoft site only offers Win 11. I have tried uupdump site to find the latest ARM Windows 10, however some links are removed, and some of the other versions, I am confused on how to download it. In any case, some direction, and help would be much much appreciated!

8. BrokerDon2

BrokerDon2 Junior Member

In my Win11 Pro Insider Preview the correct paths are:
    1. Settings>Update
    2. System>Activation (not Security>Activation) which will provide the "Troubleshoot" button with the "I changed hardware on this device recently" option which opens another windows with:
    Reactivate Windows 10
    Select this device from below. Learn more
    MYNAME75C2
    Windows 10 Professional
    Parallels Software International Inc.​

If I use this legitimate Win10 Pro license key from my previous Parallels Win10 Pro VM for the Win11 Pro Insider Edition ARM running in Parallels on an M1 MacBook Pro M1 Max will Microsoft DE-ACTIVATE my "donor" Parallels Win10 Pro VM above ???

I really need to be able to run my Parallels Win10 Pro VM to run TurboTax Business (which is Windows ONLY) for another 6 months (end of U.S. tax season) JUST IN CASE Microsoft discontinues Win11 Pro Insider Edition ARM support