Windows 10 not updating from 21354 to 21376.1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by BrianT14, May 8, 2021.

1. BrianT14

BrianT14 Bit poster

Hi,

I've been trying to install the .Net 3.5 framework and it keeps giving an error during install. I saw in the forum that I should upgrade to build 21376.1. For some reason, when I check my windows updates, it says I'm fully updated but I'm only at build 21354. Do I have to do something to get the 21376.1 upgrade?

Brian

2. BrianT14

BrianT14 Bit poster

oops, now it started downloading already

3. DennisJ3

DennisJ3 Bit poster

Glad you got it to update, but I have the same problem where it's saying I'm "up to date." Did you do anything to get it to start? Thanks!!

4. BrianT14

BrianT14 Bit poster

I did two things before it updated: 1) bought a windows 10 Pro license and 2) updated my MacOS to the latest version. I'm not sure if 1) led to the update since right after the license was activated, it still didn't update. It started to update after my MacOS was updated

5. DennisJ3

DennisJ3 Bit poster

I think the trick to get the update is to post about it in this thread. Been trying to update it for a week and yesterday evening it just decided to get it!

BrianT14 likes this.
  6. JerryG

JerryG Member

Just wanted to clarify that you purchased a Windows 10 Pro retail license and were able to use it on the Windows 10 ARM64 Preview. I'd like to personalize the install, but it appears you need to activate it first. Thanks

7. DennisJ3

DennisJ3 Bit poster

That's exactly what I did!

8. JerryG

JerryG Member

Thanks. Look like the retail Win 10 Pro costs about $200 at Amazon and Microsoft store.

9. DennisJ3

DennisJ3 Bit poster

Yeah, if you Google "Indigo Software," that's where I got mine (cheaper). Have used them for years with no issue.

BrianT14 likes this.
  10. BrianT14

BrianT14 Bit poster

Yes, I purchased a Pro retail license

11. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

If you already have an x86 Windows 10 license you can use that key with the ARM Preview. It will be accepted.

12. JerryG

JerryG Member

The ARM Preview also accepted an older x86 32 bit Windows 7 key that I had never used.

13. Lukasz6

Lukasz6 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem trying to update from build 21354. The additional twist is that Win Update starts the download, but after completing 1% it stops and the following message appears: "We couldn't install updates because there's a problem with the date and time information on your device. Make sure your date, time, and time zone settings are correct and we'll try again later." In my Win10 time configuration, I have 'Sync from Mac', but have tried other options. I've also restarted both the VM and the Macbook multiple times. The date and time in the VM and in MacOS are the same. I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3. Parallels Desktop 17 Standard.

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

Lukasz