Windows 10 Insider Preview 21382.1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by CarlH2, May 14, 2021.

1. FrankH10

FrankH10 Bit poster

Problem: 10.0.21382.1000
    In den Parallels Einstellungen alle Laufwerks- Freigaben komplett abschalten und Update Funktioniert.
    In the Parallels settings, switch off all drive shares completely and update works.

2. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Heute stand eine neue Version zum Download bereit-10.0.21382.1000. Wieder kein Erfolg trotz Ausführung mit allen Arten der Isolierung Download dauerte ziemlich lange. Installation wurde dann immerhin erst bei 40% statt bei der älteren Version bei 20% abgebrochen. Ich habe den Support von Parallels angeschrieben und um Hilfe gebeten. Mal sehen, was dabei rum kommt.

3. FerdinandO

FerdinandO Junior Member

Die berichte hier handeln ausschlieslich von version 21382.1. Anscheinend waren bei Dir schon vorher Probleme...

4. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Das ist richtig, dass ich schon mit 21382.1 Probleme hatte(siehe mein vorigen Beiträge) Die Download-Version 21382.1 war heute weg, dafür stand 10.0.21382.1000 zum Download bereit und ich habe keine Ahnung, warum das so ist.

5. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Gentlemen and Ladies:
    I'd like to thank you all for helping me with this problem. Your insights into turning off Shared Folders on the Mac worked like a charm.
    Much appreciated!

6. YannD2

YannD2 Bit poster

Thanks to all. I disabled the shared file MAC/PC and tried the update. it worked.
    you can enable it again after the update.

7. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Turning off Shared Folders with the Mac is the key as I mentioned above. However, I forgot to mention that once the update completed I was able to turn on Shared Folders and the VM worked fine. I even installed a .NET update with shared folders ON afterward and that worked fine too...

8. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

9. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Now that I have the 21382.co_release.210511-1416 build installed I tested printing with shared printers and that still is broken.
    If any of you could direct me to a thread to get shared printing working I'd really appreciate that.

10. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Bei mir leider nicht, trotz mehrfacher Versuche

11. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Harry - So sorry to hear this is not working. All I had to do was "uncheck" the box labeled "Shared Profile: Share Mac user folders with Windows" under
    Configuration > Options > Sharing > Share Mac
    and I was then able to install the update. Had this not worked I would then have tried "unchecking" the boxes below that, but that was not necessary.
    Good luck and let us know when it works!

Harry12 likes this.
  12. Harry12

Harry12 Member

lt. Post von Michael H63 über Blogs Windows - ist dieses Problem bei Windows wohl bekannt. Warten wir mal auf weitere Ergebnisse von Windows. Sobald ich näheres weiß bzw problemlos updaten kann, werde ich das mitteilen. LG

13. FerdinandO

FerdinandO Junior Member

preview 21387.1 has no problems with sharing and installs flawless

14. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Ich konnte jetzt auch problemlos die Preview-Version 21387.1 installieren

Maria@Parallels and ErikR4 like this.