Thermal printer Star Micronics TSP100 on Apple M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Juancho, May 23, 2021.

1. Juancho

Juancho Bit poster

Hello,

I need to use a thermal printer as software requirement. After bought an Apple M1, I figured out that there aren't any drivers for new architecture and I'm not able to print in my Star Micronics TSP100 because they don't have driver for Big Sur on M1 architecture. After 5 months waiting I continue not printing or find any thermal printer compatible with Apple M1. Someone known some printer?

That's why I bought Paralles and install windows and Ubuntu, trying to print from this operating systems instead OS11 M1
    But I have not succeeded:
    In windows 10 ARM I installed the drivers but the printer isn't created, in device manager there are an unwon device that is the printer but can't install the driver there. Or I do not known how to do it...
    In Ubuntu 20.04 ARM64 I create the printer and seams I install the driver but printer do not respond.

Any Idea if is possible to run this printer over Parallels M1 ???

2. Hi,
    could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?
    Looking forward to your reply.

3. Juancho

Juancho Bit poster

Hi Maria, I generating for both windows 10 ARM report number 370040316 and Ubuntu 20.04 ARM64 report number 370040509

4. Thanks a lot, and does your printer work correctly on the Mac side?

5. Juancho

Juancho Bit poster

No! this printer do not work on apple Big Sur M1 architecture, Star Micronics only have drivers until OS 10.15 CUPS drive.

6. Juancho

Juancho Bit poster

That's why I asked before if is possible run TSP100 printer at virtual machine in host M1

7. Juancho

Juancho Bit poster

Maria, should I pay for someone support me in this issue? I need mandatory this printer runs on the VM !!!

8. TysenE

TysenE Bit poster

Juancho,
    We use the Star TSP100's and we have the star TSP 100 running on a iMac M1 with Big Sur 11.4.
    The process I used was to install Rosetta2 using this terminal command
    /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta
    Then using the tsp100-v751-lite 10.15 driver install package.
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps.

Juancho likes this.
  9. Juancho

Juancho Bit poster

Thanks a lot ThysenE, that's amazing because Apple support told me that Rosetta only works for app but not for drivers. They said drivers works in different canvas of kernel. That's why I didn't check it by myself. Also Start Micronics when I explain my issue do not find a way. That's why month but month time pass until pass 7 months then I bought a new termal printer for solution this issue, an Epson TM-M30 that works fine with driver for OS11.
    Hope at least this case help more people in my situation, I hate spent money for something that have solution.

10. Johnisah

Johnisah Bit poster

Check the printer's power is on, and open TSP100III Utility.
    Tap [Unselected State] from "Selected Device."
    Select the device you want to connect from the Select Device list and tap [Apply].
    Tap [Change Network Settings]. This connects to the selected printer and opens the Web Configuration.
    Great! It's Done.
    Choose the Munbyn thermal printers here:

11. DegonR

DegonR Bit poster

To download the latest driver for the MUNBYN thermal printer. Under the section Star Micronics TSP100 Series Driver Downloads, click on TSP100 futurePRNT Software.