Black screen of death on bootup

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jon12345, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Jon12345

Jon12345 Member

Recently, I had a couple of power failures on my iMac. When I tried to start up Windows 10 again using parallels, I see the Windows logo (4 panes) and then a spinning circle of dots. I've tried the usual Reset, Stop, Shutdown. I've gone into repair mode and tried all the options including system restore, uninstall updates, safe mode. The only option I didn't do was the Reset the PC, since I could potentially lose some apps and data that way.

I've tried to copy some critical data by searching for the pvm file and mounting it. Then drag and drop the files. Some get transferred but then I get an error on the first file it cannot transfer, leaving the others there.

My technical report id is 370909004, which I have sent, although it says, "This is not a support request."

Am I doomed? What can I do?

2. AmitT4

AmitT4 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Had to force reboot my iMac yesterday because it hung and now I can't get back into Windows on Parallels. I'm stuck on the same screen the OP is. Any help appreciated.

3. Hi, we've found your ticket it has been resolved. Do you still have an issue?

4. Hi, are you running the latest Parallels Desktop version?

5. StevenT10

StevenT10 Bit poster

Microsoft Fixit logoThis tool is provided by Microsoft and can automatically troubleshoot and detect errors in Windows and applies any available fixes.

To download Microsoft Fix IT tool, go to the Microsoft website and search "fix it" on their search bar, and select your Windows version following the prompt. If you consider yourself to not be very good with computers, it is recommended to get the advice of a computer technician for this step.