Changing path to windows iso file

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AnyaJ1, Jun 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AnyaJ1

AnyaJ1 Bit poster

I originally set it to the Download folder on my mac during installation, and now I want to move it to my external hard drive. Is there a way to change it? Thanks!

2. Hi, would you like to move your VM or .iso file to the external hard drive?

3. AnyaJ1

AnyaJ1 Bit poster

1. the .iso file. is there a way to change the path?
    2. i thought you can't move the VM to external hard drive? (would be great if I could move both!) thanks!

4. Hi, please check this KB article and this blog for more information
    And after that VM and OS installation, you can move your .iso file wherever you want or just remove it from your Mac.

5. AnyaJ1

AnyaJ1 Bit poster

After I moved the .iso to trash, I got this alert when i turn on the VM: "Windows 10" cannot connect Win10_21H1_English_x64.iso to CD/DVD.
    Is that ok?

6. Hi, could you provide us with a screenshot of virtual machine configurations-> Hardware -> CD/DVD please?

7. AnyaJ1

AnyaJ1 Bit poster

The first is when my .iso file is still in the Download directory; the second screenshot is after I dragged it to trash. It doesn't affect windows running, but I wonder what the iso file is supposed to do?

Attached Files: