Connection Wifi impossible

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by FabriceN1, Sep 11, 2021.

1. FabriceN1

FabriceN1 Bit poster

Hi,

I have an internet connection in sharing mode but I cannot use the wifi connection.

Version of Parallel Desktop : 17.0.1
    System : macOS Big Sur (M1)
    VM : Windows 11 (22000)

Tanks for help

2. ConnectixSoldOut

ConnectixSoldOut Member

No issues here, running M1, Monterey Beta, etc..
    Maybe contact support vs. posting in this forum? Not being a dick, but clearly no one else is seeing this (considering all Macs for the last forever only have Wifi connections).

3. FabriceN1

FabriceN1 Bit poster

Hi,

Ok. Thanks

4. StephenM20

StephenM20 Bit poster

Are you talking about this issues reported all over the place. Sure it works over at wired connection. The issue is over Wi-Fi it just does not work. Sure you can adjust the settings within the VM using a different adapter and you can get Internet but your host machine will not have Internet. Everything indicates the parallel application itself kills Wi-Fi when it is turned on. I'm guessing you have no issues because you're over a wired connection. But this is not an isolated instance. I I see this reported all over the forum with a very high percentage of users having this issue and I have yet seen a solution. My guess is that this post will never get past the moderators

5. FabriceN1

FabriceN1 Bit poster

Hi,

I have my answer and what seemed to me. I would buy a wifi key for my trips. thank you for the answer

6. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Running similar software versions as you and I have not had any issues with Wifi connection when I am in Windows 11. Didn't either in Windows 10 ARM or previously with Parallels and Windows 10 on my Intel iMac. So I doubt if it is exclusively a Parallels issue. Sorry couldn't be more helpful.