Convert BIOS to UEFI VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CharlieS4, Sep 2, 2021.

1. JoelH1

JoelH1 Member

DO those keys work? Could I get one for win11? My current (legacy) win10 VM won't upgrade to Win11. I am able to install a fresh copy of downloaded win11, but then I can't Authenticate it, for some reason...

2. PaulA2

PaulA2 Member

I just got one for $2.18 from NRK Game ("Wndows 10 Pro standard"), activated my Windows 11 64 bit fresh install. It came back as a Volume MAK channel key though. My Windows 10 Pro 64 bit key I bought for $5 a few years ago on eBay, and it shows as a Retail key.
    Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 2.37.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 2.33.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 2.33.38 PM.png

3. JoelH1

JoelH1 Member

Do you have a link for the webpage where you bought it? I'm not familiar with NRK Game. Thanks!

4. PaulA2

PaulA2 Member

5. Michael S11

Michael S11 Bit poster

Hi, for any user not seeing Windows 11 offered in the Windows 10 Update process, you can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows11 and download the installation assistant. This will upgrade your Windows 10 installation. No need to get ISOs or USB devices.

6. martin@lerchdesign.com

martin@lerchdesign.com Junior Member

Thank you so much for posting this! I had issues converting to GPT! It simply wouldn't let me. So I opted to purchase AOMEI Partition Assistant. Boom. done. Then the automatic update wouldn't work in my Windows 10. So I went to the microsoft website and did the upgrade from there. It took a very long time! But, now running Windows 11 Pro successfully after upgrading my Windows 10 Pro virtual machine. You know, one would think that Parallels would present their customers with truly all the options instead of saying "if you are running legacy mbr then you are SOL". Anyway, thank you so much for posting this!