When will Parallels be able to run 64bit Windows on M1 Macs

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnH29, Oct 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JohnH29

JohnH29 Bit poster

Is there any sort of timeline of when we might be able to expect parallels running on M1 Macs to be able to support 64bit MS Windows installations?

Blahman likes this.
  2. CliftonL

CliftonL Bit poster

PLEASE!!! I have several "mission critical" applications that run on Windows XP that worked perfectly. I love the new M1 architecture but it has drastically reduced my productivity by removing my ability to run my apps.

Blahman likes this.
  3. Blahman

Blahman Junior Member

Same major problem here. I just bought an M1 Mac and had no idea my XP VM wouldn't work at all on it. I don't think I've seen any notifications about this. I need these for access to work share drives. This is very disappointing and the only option I can see is to cancel my parallels subscription unless this is fixed.

4. BobW11

BobW11 Member

Windows 64 ARM runs on Parallels. You can run apps for x86 on that version under emulation.

5. Blahman

Blahman Junior Member

Only as a technical preview of Windows 10, though, which doesn't help me run the specific XP and Win 7 VMs I have to use, as far as I can tell.

6. Blahman

Blahman Junior Member

Turns out I could get my work systems to work with the Windows 11 preview, so all is not lost!