Windows 11, MacBook Air M1 programm won´t open

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TimN4, Nov 15, 2021.

1. TimN4

TimN4 Bit poster

Hey Guys, I´ve just got parallels 17 and windows 11 because I need a program that only runs on windows for work.
    The software is called MetaTrader4 and I can install it on win11 but as soon as I double click it loads for a few seconds but it won´t open.
    I´ve tried several windows arm versions and also tried to run it in compatibility mode but nothing of that helped. The software is 32 bit and the weird thing is, during my parallels free trial everything worked normal that was like 1 1/2 months ago.
    Any suggestions what I could try to make it work?

Thanks in advance

2. NikitaM1

NikitaM1 Bit poster

What is compatibility of that program? Maybe it only works with Windows 7 or Windows 10?

TimN4 likes this.
  3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @TimN4, please check the MetaTrader4 compatibility. Thanks, Parallels Team.

4. JP_6

JP_6 Bit poster

Hi @TimN4 I have the exact same problem and it has been bothering me for a while. Have you had any luck yet?
    Regards,
    JP

TimN4 likes this.
  5. JP_6

JP_6 Bit poster

I see after trouble shooting that it is seen as an 'incompatible program'. How is this possible, as I know people who have mt4 working on parallels

TimN4 likes this.
  6. TimN4

TimN4 Bit poster

I didn´t have any success yet. But as I said the weird thing is, that I had it working before but it suddenly just stopped working. I have a friend who uses parallels too with a MB Pro intel chip and Metatrader4 runs just fine on his. I´ve tried several windows versions including windows 11 and windows 10 but neither worked. I think it may have something to do with the m1 chip. But I just don´t get why it worked before and now just stopped working.

7. TimN4

TimN4 Bit poster

Is your Macbook Pro with Intel chip or M1?

8. JP_6

JP_6 Bit poster

"I see after trouble shooting that it is seen as an 'incompatible program'. How is this possible, as I know people who have mt4 working on parallels".

Any advice for M1 users? Some of us have downloaded parallels specifically for us to use this program on our M1 PCs

9. JB_5

JB_5 Bit poster

Hello guys i have the same problem some programs (MT4 magic keys) not open on my mac mini with m1 chip

a friend of mine has a mac book pro with m1 chip everything worked fine until he installed the latest parallels version

does anyone have an older parallels version for example 17.0.1

10. JackM14

JackM14 Bit poster

Anyone manage to find out a fix for this? Currently having to use my old macbook pro w/ Paralells to use MT4 which is annoying...

11. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please describe a bit more about the issue. Have you made any changes recently on your virtual machine or on your Mac?

12. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, if there is any error message kindly help us with the screenshot.

13. TimN4

TimN4 Bit poster

I didn´t make any changes. There is not much more to describe I´ve tried everything but it still won´t open. As I´ve said before it loads for a few seconds but nothing happens. the newer version of Metatrader (MT5) works just fine but is useless for most of the people. Parallels support wasn´t able to help me I guess it´s a problem from Parallels side and has nothing to do with Metatrader compatability. You guys should really fix this because a lot of people need to get this working and for me is the only reason I got parallels in the first way.

14. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @TimN4, please provide screenshot of the issue and let us know the latest build you are using. Thanks, Parallels Team.

15. TimN4

TimN4 Bit poster

I´ve cancelled the parallels subscription for now because it didn´t work and even the live support couldn´t help me although they were controlling my screen.

16. JackM14

JackM14 Bit poster

Hey!

So my MT4 on the new Paralells w/ new M1 macbook pro. Double click MT4 - and nothing happens, no error message or notification.

MT4 does work on my macbook using the Wine installer but would much prefer to be able to use MT4 on Parallels as I have always done before until the latest verasion

17. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, since which version of Parallels Desktop you are facing this issue?
    Kindly perform the below steps and update us:-
    1. Reinstall Parallels Tools by following https://kb.parallels.com/4841.
    2. After that uninstall and reinstall Parallels Desktop.

18. TimN4

TimN4 Bit poster

Did anybody get it to work yet?

19. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, since which version of Parallels Desktop you are facing this issue?
    Kindly perform the below steps and update us:-
    1. Reinstall Parallels Tools by following https://kb.parallels.com/4841.
    2. After that uninstall and reinstall Parallels Desktop.

20. Luvern

Luvern Bit poster

Hi, I have the exact same issue, MT4 will not open on latest Parallels version no error, nothing. Has anyone else managed to resolve this issues ?