I need to keep windows 10 arm running

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by NicolasG9, Dec 22, 2021.

1. NicolasG9

NicolasG9 Bit poster

Hi guys, I´m using Parallels only to run MS Access on my mac, just updated to windows 11 but started to close suddenly. I moved back to Win 10 but shows the warning "this build will end soon" (or something like that). Is there a way to keep Win 10 running (for M1 processor). Thanks

2. NicolasG9

NicolasG9 Bit poster

Access started closing suddenly!

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, Microsoft launched Windows 11 ARM, so they have removed Windows 10 ARM version from there website as well. Please visit https://kb.parallels.com/en/128559 to know more.

4. LucG1

LucG1 Bit poster

Well I've got the same issue... so is there a plan from Parallels to help us along?

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, as Windows 10 ARM is officially not available on Microsoft website. If you are having an Windows 10 ARM installation file with you, you can run it using Parallels Desktop.

6. LucG1

LucG1 Bit poster

Thank you for the fast answer... however that is the point:
    I don't have a Win10 ARM VM... I'm also trying to get one from Microsoft, but no luck so far

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please let us know if you have tried using Windows 11. Is there any particular application which what you are facing issue?

8. LucG1

LucG1 Bit poster

Yes I have... no luck there. I have several technical business applications (scientific instruments), none of the software providers are ready to migrate to Win 11 yet
    Seems like my timing was the worst it could have been with adopting parallels and attempting to virtualize everything
    Thank's for your help, can you pressure Microsoft into releasing the Win 10 pro VM again? This might help