Silicon Labs CP210x windows driver issue

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AnthonyR14, Jan 3, 2022.

1. AnthonyR14

AnthonyR14 Bit poster

Good evening.. I am trying to interface my Icom 7300 ham radio to Winlink software which only runs under Windows. The radio works fine with other software on the Mac using the loaded Silicon labs drivers. When I start Parallels, I immediately associate the drivers with Windows instead of the Mac. When I open the software and try to set it up to control the radio via the USB/serial line, it doesn't see the radio. When I go to control panel, there is a yellow triangle next to the driver which is listed under "other devices." I need to associate that driver with a port but it will not allow me to do so.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't be the only one. This is the only thing that is keeping me from purchasing the full version of this program which otherwise seems to work real well. I need to get these driver issues resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please reinstall Parallels Tools by following https://kb.parallels.com/4841 and update us.

3. AnthonyR14

AnthonyR14 Bit poster

Okay, I reinstalled Parallels Tools and still have the same issue.

4. AnthonyR14

AnthonyR14 Bit poster

Any further thoughts? The silicon labs driver works fine on my Mac but when I connect the USB to Windows, I get the error yellow triangle and it states there is no driver. Attempts to install the driver fail every time. Why is Windows not letting the driver do its job?