Upgrading from Parallels 13.3.2

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidS138, Jan 9, 2022.

1. DavidS138

DavidS138 Bit poster

Hello all,
    I have a very old installation. I am running Parallels 13.3.2 on OSX 10.14.6 Mojave. It works fine but I find myself needing to update OSX. So how do I do this because, if I update OSX to Monterey, I am sure it will break Parallels and Parallels 17 needs Monterey to work.
    So if I update OSX to Monterey can I be CERTAIN that my VM's will be able to be updated to run in Parallels 17?

Thanks

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, which VMs you are running under your Mac? Kindly visit https://kb.parallels.com/124223 for checking Parallels Desktop 17 supported guest OS.

3. DavidS138

DavidS138 Bit poster

I have an XP and and Win 7 Pro. Both are in the list. I was just worried about going from version 14 VM's to version 17. They are too important too my business to not have them and if I upgrade OSX and won't be able to go back and run Parallels 14.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, you can upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 from Parallels Desktop 14. Both of your VMs are supported.