Elite Dangerous Keybinding Problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by icetear, Jun 18, 2021.

1. icetear

icetear Junior Member

Trying to test every game I own with the ARM Preview Version of Windows 10... so now it's Elite Dangerous.
    Loads up, and can be played. But the Keybindings don't work. And aren't saved. The basic keybindings (Thrust, UI navigation) are just empty no matter what I try. Modifying the bindings file or creating a new one does not help - the game empties almost everything once I start it up.

Anyone else have this problem and already found a solution?
    It has nothing to do with the game settings I believe. It's working on a native PC and I just reinstalled it in my VM to make sure (Steam Version).

Is there anything special with the VM keyboard by chance that might prevent the game from assigning the correct keys?

kind regards
    Mario

2. Hi Mario, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and reply us back with the report's ID number please?

3. icetear

icetear Junior Member

Sure: 372223950

4. VolkerS9

VolkerS9 Bit poster

The same thing happens on my computer. I am also interested in a solution.
    Key settings are not displayed in the controls. After each switch between game and settings, the key settings are lost. However, the setting whether keyboard, mouse or joystick is used remains.

5. AdMo

AdMo Bit poster

Same here with recent Win11 install (and also other games). At least some of the key bindings don't work at all - even if you plugin a separate USB keyboard and attach it to the VM.
    @Parallels Team: any progress on this? Thx.

6. GiovanniT1

GiovanniT1 Bit poster

Same problem with Windows11! Still no fix?

7. GiovanniT1

GiovanniT1 Bit poster

Really, do you expect to solve the issue soon or we have to leave Parallels to play this title? Thanks in advance!

8. AdMo

AdMo Bit poster

Install latest update for Win11 ARM. Remove all language settings then reinstall them and it should work. At least it works for me.

9. InformatiqueE

InformatiqueE Bit poster

Having the same problem. @AdMo could you elaborate your "remove all language settings and reinstall" steps please?

10. AdMo

AdMo Bit poster

Go to your Settings->Time and Language. In my case on fresh installed Windows 11 the language was "English". If you click on the three "..." you can deinstall/ remove it. I then re-installed the "English" (UK and US) and my local language "German". As Windows language and region I selected "German" in my case and then rebooted.

11. MartinL32

MartinL32 Bit poster

No luck here. Having latest Parallels 18.1.0 and latest Windows 11 Arm. No matter what I do with the keyboard layout it doesn't work in Elite Dangerous.

Interestingly the keyboard still works in the menu but not in the game, just cursor keys seems to work but no other keybindings. Has anyone found a solution yet?