MD5 checksum incorrect on downloaded .DMG file

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mark48, Jan 17, 2022.

?

I also get a different MD5 hash value than the one published on the Parallels download page

Poll closed Jan 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mark48

Mark48 Bit poster

Hi,
    Hopefully someone else here can confirm the following and help support to understand the problem.

The MD5 hash of the file available for download at https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/support/ doesn't match the value published on the web page. See the attached file. I receive the same MD5 sum when I download in different browsers. I get the same at work as well.

Given the lengths malware makers go to I am skeptical of trusting any software that doesn't match the hash value on the publishers web site. I hope that Parallels simply published the wrong value, but I've been unable to get support to understand the problem after a month of trying!

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Attached Files:

2. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hello All,
    Please be informed that the issue has been fixed and the md5 checksum mentioned on the website and for the downloaded image is the same.

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, kindly mention the source websites or links here from where you have tried to download Parallels installation file and notice the MD5 hash value difference.

4. Mark48

Mark48 Bit poster

Please see the original post. I have provided a link to the web page.
    On the web page there is only one link with a MD5 hash.
    The picture attached to the original post shows the problem visually.
    Thank you,
    Mark

5. Mark48

Mark48 Bit poster

6. Mark48

Mark48 Bit poster

Hi,
    Has anyone been able to reproduce the problem I am seeing?
    Thanks,
    Mark

7. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hello All,
    Please be informed that the issue has been fixed and the md5 checksum mentioned on the website and for the downloaded image is the same.

8. Pat-NS

Pat-NS Junior Member

Same issue again today (Nov 14th 2022). I opened a ticket with them in case it's because they got hacked or something.

9. Pat-NS

Pat-NS Junior Member

10. Pat-NS

Pat-NS Junior Member

I've created a ticket yesterday and they confirmed that they have updated the md5 now on the website and that the file is valid.