Moving license between machines?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by manhas, Jan 24, 2022.

1. manhas

manhas Bit poster

I have more than one computer, a primary stationary Mac and a MacBook for when I'm not at my regular desk. Nothing unusual really and I was dumbfounded when I realized that the Parallel license is per machine and not per user. [thread about the license]

But what does this really mean in practice, what's the effort (for me) to move a license from one machine to another and can I do this an infinite number of times? Are we merely talking about entering my login details and the license key again on the other machine and the license is moved, or is there more to it?

It's nothing I would do daily, more often than just once in a while but not nearly often enough that it would warrant a second $99.99 per year license. So as long as it's possible to move the license between machines multiple times like that it doesn't matter if it takes a minute or two, as long as it's possible.

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we can maximum move a license to another Mac for 3 times. Fro knowing the procedure on moving license key to a new Mac please visit this KB article.

3. manhas

manhas Bit poster

Where does the license state such a limitation?

The KB article only states:
    In the UELA:
    It only mention that I'm only allowed to install and activate the Software on one machine at a time. I can't find that I'm not allowed to change this machine or that there are any restrictions to it?

4. manhas

manhas Bit poster

So doesn't Parallels break their own license agreement by imposing such a limitation?