Windows activation state = not active after Parallels installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Juliettev, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Juliettev

Juliettev Bit poster

Hi Parallels forum,
    I recently installed Parallels Desktop 17 Pro which is working fine by the looks of it. However, it keeps on saying in the bottom right corner of the desktop that I need to Activate Windows 'Go to Settings to activate Windows'.
    In settings, I get the error: Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213. Did I accidentally remove a product key after installation of Parallels?
    Please let me know how I would need to activate Windows. Thank you in advance

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we would like to clarify that Windows doesn't come with Parallels Desktop. Kindly purchase Windows activation key separately from Microsoft.

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we would like to clarify that Windows doesn't come with Parallels Desktop. Kindly purchase Windows activation key separately from Microsoft and activate it.

4. TimothyD4

TimothyD4 Bit poster

So, does this mean that we have to purchase a license from Microsoft which is currently asking $139? If this is the case then so be it.

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, yes, you need to purchase Windows activation key from Microsoft.

6. Juliettev

Juliettev Bit poster

Thank you for your answer.
    Just as a point of feedback for your marketing department, this is very misleading. Can you show me, on your website, where this is explicitly mentioned?

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please refer to this KB article for checking if Windows come with my purchase of Parallels Desktop for Mac.