Windows 11 ARM on MacOS (Parallels) stops functioning properly

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LeventY1, Oct 18, 2021.

1. DirkB11

DirkB11 Bit poster

Thanks a lot, L3tron! Where can I find your donate button? I have spent two days without any solution. I also reinstalled macOS and did other weird things. Also the official support from Parallels could not lead me to a solution. But now everything works fine!

My equiment is:
    MacBook Pro 14" 2021 with Apple M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1, Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Version 17.1.0 (51516), Windows 11 Insider Preview Client ARM64 en-us 224499

Thanks again!
    Dirk

2. INTROMATT

INTROMATT Bit poster

Hey guys, I have forced the US language on the latest Win11ARM and now I can see settings and I am finally able to upgrade to 22504.1010.

I have also changed the "BIOS" to disable the Secure Boot...although not sure if that actually helped.

3. DirkB11

DirkB11 Bit poster

Mea
    Meanwhile I have disabled the "Windows Search" service, switched to german locale and german keyboard layout and could do the automatic update to the latest Version 22504. And it still works... (keep my fingers crossed)

4. GregK9

GregK9 Bit poster

Thank you for that. I'm in Canada English with exactly the same problems. The Set-Win...s solved it.

5. L3tron

L3tron Bit poster

It looks like the latests Build/Update (22509) and Parallels 17.1.1 fixed the issue. Now i can set de-DE for User and System.

6. RomeuS

RomeuS Bit poster

I just installed Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview 21390 (this is the only one that still works with Apple M1 chip). I was having the same secure boot issue, and what worked for me what to delete the TPM. Check the box to configure the VM before the installation, then click on TPM, and then "-" to delete it. It finally worked for me. That good right?
    Wrong. That build is expired, so you can't get update, plus Windows Security does not work. Microsoft doesn't make it easy, do they?
    Long story short, I'm giving up on Windows 10. Will get back to Windows 11 and try to fix the other issues I'm having there.

IgorG6 likes this.
  7. VaibhavG1

VaibhavG1 Bit poster

8. IgorG6

IgorG6 Bit poster

thank you very much!!
    Installed Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview 21390 on Macbook Pro 13 M1, Monterey 12.5, Parallels 17.1.4!
    I tried a bunch of versions, only this instruction worked! Installed in manual mode, according to the instructions in your message, with isolation from the mac (in the security settings parameter)