Remove a non functional VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by CharlesW10, Feb 14, 2022.

1. CharlesW10

CharlesW10 Bit poster

I migrated to a MacbookPro M1 from an intel MacBook Pro. The VM I had in the intel machine came over but is non functional and I cannot remove it.
    upload_2022-2-14_14-9-3.png

Any Suggestions?

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly refer to this KB article for removing virtual machine from Parallels Desktop. We would like to clarify that Intel based virtual machine doesn't work on M1 Mac.

3. CatherineDFaulknerF

CatherineDFaulknerF Bit poster

I migrated to a MacbookPro M1 from an intel MacBook Pro. The VM I had withinside the intel system got here over

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we would like to clarify that, it is not possible to migrate an Intel VM to a M1 Mac. But you can transfer the data from the Intel VM to a new VM created on M1 Mac by following this KB article.

5. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello, when you see the 'question mark' symbol over the control center it means that the windows file(.pvm file) still resides on your Mac computer, so kindly locate your .pvm file as mentioned in this link - Locate Parallels virtual machine on Mac and then delete it/move to trash. Once you moved it to the trash, delete the .pvm file from the trash immediately to fix the issue. Thanks.