Upgrade or buying a new key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BartoszP1, Apr 7, 2022.

1. BartoszP1

BartoszP1 Bit poster

I've bought a Parallels Desktop for Mac v 12 permanent license. 3 weeks ago I've upgraded my MacOS to Monterey and my Parallels have stopped work. The solution was upgrading Parallels Desktop to version 17 but the only option was a 14-days trial and it already finished. I need Windows on my Mac to work on CAD and 3d architectural models.

Can i upgrade my Parallels Desktop for Mac from version 12 to 17 (version Pro or there are some limits with that and i have to buy a new license? I can't find an information about it...

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, you need to purchase Parallels Desktop 17 upgrade key for using it further.

BartoszP1 likes this.
  3. BartoszP1

BartoszP1 Bit poster

So to be sure, I need to buy product "Upgrade to Parallels Desktop Pro Edition" (1 year subscription as the best option?) for 50 euro?

4. BartoszP1

BartoszP1 Bit poster

So to be sure, I need to buy product "Upgrade to Parallels Desktop Pro Edition" (1 year subscription as the best option?) for 50 euro?
    And there is no limit in updating between number of versions?

Sorry, for doubling a post, this time I add important a question I haven't get in my mind before. Please moderator to delete a previous post from time: Today at 10:33 AM

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, there are two types of upgrade.
    1. Parallels Desktop 17 permanent upgrade. (one time purchase and you can use only Parallels Desktop 17)
    2. Parallels Desktop Pro upgrade. (yearly basis, you can use any version of Parallels Desktop within the subscription period)
    Upgrade price is same for both.

6. BartoszP1

BartoszP1 Bit poster

Hello, thank you for your answer. So i understand I can upgrade my Parallels Desktop key from v12 to v17 for 50 euro instead of buying a new key for 100 euro?

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, yes. you are correct.

BartoszP1 likes this.
  8. BartoszP1

BartoszP1 Bit poster

Thank you for your help. A program works with update. :)

9. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are happy to assist you. Please reach us back for any further queries.