Windows 10 on Mac Air M1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Egor5, May 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Egor5

Egor5 Bit poster

Greetings, tried Parallels Windows11 on Mac Air M1 and really liked it.
    Before making a purchase decision, I wanted to try Windows 10 because there is a possibility that I will need Windows 10 and I could not download the virtual machine. Can you please tell me if it is possible to run Windows 10 in Parallerls and how to do it? Thanks

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello Egor5, We would like to inform you that Microsoft no longer provides support for Windows 10 ARM and as a result, Windows 10 is no longer supported in Parallels Desktop on Mac computers with the Apple M1 Chip. Although nothing prevents you from installing Windows 10 ARM and running it on Parallels Desktop, we will be unable to assist you if you run into any installation or other issues since, as previously stated, Parallels Desktop does not support Windows 10 ARM on Mac machines with the Apple M1 processor. Currently, Windows 11 ARM is the only Windows version supported by the Parallels Desktop. Please follow this link: kb.parallels.com/en/124223 to learn more about the supported Guest OS on the M1 Mac. Thanks.

3. Egor5

Egor5 Bit poster

Thanks for your answer!
    Did I understand correctly, that I may try install ARM Windows 10 on Windows 11 Parallels?

TarpaulinsUK likes this.
  4. TharunP

TharunP Junior Member

Hello Ergo5, Installing Windows 10 ARM on Windows 11 ARM is not possible. You could try installing Windows 10 ARM inside Parallels Desktop and not on the Windows 11 ARM, but if you encounter any problems with the Windows 10 ARM installation, we will be unable to assist you as previously stated. Thanks.

5. Egor5

Egor5 Bit poster

Okey, I got it.

Could Parallels staff provide me an activation key for several days so I can make sure I can run Windows 10 on Parallels?

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, you would request you to use Parallels Desktop Trial Version. In case, you have already used the trial version kindly purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac. As per our refund policy within 30 days of your product download purchase, you may request a full refund from Parallels for any reason.

7. enosz

enosz Bit poster

Hello. I bought a lifetime license for Parallels 16 can I install windows 11? I have a BigSur 11 M1 notebook

best regards

8. RobertoB15

RobertoB15 Bit poster

As I am reading, installation of Win10 ARM on Parallels Desktop is not supported. Since I cannot install some components, such as some chavette drivers from Sentinels, on W11 ARM on Parallels (both 18 and 19) due to the block caused by Secure Boot, how can I overcome this problem?