Bridged VLAN is Windows or Linux-Guest ist not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThomasP33, Feb 8, 2022.

1. ThomasP33

ThomasP33 Bit poster

Hi all!
    The bridged VLANs are not working on Monterey and the supports closes my ticket because of "complexity of the issue".
    Did anyone solve the problem?

2. kb1ibt

kb1ibt Bit poster

I am running into the same thing, running Parallels on an M1 MacMini

3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello, Please refer to the knowledge base article to fix the Bridged network on Parallels Desktop.

4. NicholasC1

NicholasC1 Junior Member

Same issue here. The Ethernet port my mac uses has a couple of VLANs tagged on it that I'd like to use for MacOS virtual machines. This doesn't appear to work, even after creating VLANs in MacOS System Preferences - Network - "Manage Virtual Interfaces" - "New VLAN" option. I can create these interfaces with no issues, they get an appropriate IP based on the VLAN assigned to them, and using bridged mode in Parallels, I can assign them to a VM. However, the VMs are not able to natively get an IP from them.

Is there some other way to do this, similar to how ESXi works? I'd like to be able to assign a specific "native" VLAN to my VMs if possible.

Thanks,
    Nick

5. iYAN

iYAN Bit poster

Hi, same problem here, MacBook Pro M1 Max with Parallels Business Version 17.1.2 (51548)
    VM connect to virtual VLAN Interface, but can't communicate with others in the VLAN (and no DHCP).

6. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly help us with the technical report ID of Virtual Machine by referring to this KB article so that we can investigate the issue.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  7. iYAN

iYAN Bit poster

Done, ID: 399341717

8. iYAN

iYAN Bit poster

Hi, same behavior after Update to Version 17.1.4 (51567).

9. MarkusH19

MarkusH19 Bit poster

Same Problem here with Version 17.1.4 (51567), ID: 402290607
    MacBook Pro 2020, Intel core i5 1038 NG7.

10. NickC3

NickC3 Bit poster

Is this resolved in version 18? I've stopped using Parallels for the time being because of it.
    Thanks