Downgrading to 17.1.2

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MathieuS1, May 26, 2022.

1. MathieuS1

MathieuS1 Bit poster

I need to downgrade, I'm having issues with dynamic screen resolution on 17.1.3. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times Parallels Tools.

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, can you please help us with a screenshot of the error page.

3. Mal1

Mal1 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem on virtual machines running Sierra and El Capitan. Also the "Restart" menu under "Actions" is greyed out. A few other misbehaviours I think but not going to do exhaustive testing. To work around in Sierra I reverted to the last snapshot and stopped the loading of the Parallels Tools when restarting. Have been able to use the VM for what I needed and will stop there. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon (?!). Luckily not critical work at the moment. (Parallels 17.1.3 on Mac Intel Big Sur 11.6.6). Windows Pro 10 VM has no problems at all.

4. MathieuS1

MathieuS1 Bit poster

Hey DebasmitaM, I don't see an error, maybe point me in a more specific place to look for an error ?
    FYI, I'm running Parallels Desktop on MacOs Monterrey 12.4 and the virtual machine is MacOs Mojave 10.14.6. I haven't started any other virtual machine in case I get the same problem.
    [​IMG]

5. Christopher Nielsen

Christopher Nielsen Member

6. MathieuS1

MathieuS1 Bit poster

Why is it so hard to get the 7.1.2 installer ?

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, here is the Parallels Desktop 17.1.2 installation file link.

james71, AndreiB3 and MathieuS1 like this.
  8. W32

W32 Bit poster

Thank you for the 17.1.2 downgrade link. I searched forever to find it. The previous versions should be more easily downloadable without having to sign into the forums though. A Google search only brings up the legacy download links for versions 14 and older.

I also ran into an issue with a MacOS Mohave VM when I upgraded to 17.1.3. I've had the same VM since Parallels Desktop 15 and have only experienced minor issues with upgrades in the past. However, 17.1.3 was totally broken. I could not change my screen resolution to anything but 1024x768 no matter how many times I reinstalled version 17.1.3 or re-installed Parallels Tools inside my VM. However, installing 17.1.2 and its version of Parallels Tools inside my VM fixed my issue.

9. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @W32, We are glad that the issue is resolved. You are welcome. Thanks, Parallels Team.

10. FabriceK

FabriceK Bit poster

This is NOT resolved, as the bug is still impacting all 17.1.3 users.. I also had to downgrade to make it work. so, please fix this ? thank you.

11. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, yes. We are extremely sorry for the issue you are facing with Parallels Desktop 17.1.3 version. Our development team is working on this issue and will resolve it at the earliest.

12. Christopher Nielsen

Christopher Nielsen Member

It looks like this issue has been resolved with the latest release, 17.1.4.

Thanks Parallels folks!

13. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello,
    We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Please reach us back if you have any further queries, and we will be glad to assist you further. Thanks.